Inpatient Nutrition Services
- Provides healthy meals to inpatients
- Comprehensive nutrition care screenings
- General diet education
- Nutrition assessments
- Patients receive a menu to choose their meal from
- Patients returns meal choices by the following times:
- Breakfast - meal choices must be received by 7 a.m.
- Lunch - meal choices must be received by 12 p.m.
- Dinner - meal choices must be received by 4 p.m.
Q: What happens if I am admitted after the cut-off time for ordering a meal?
A: Patients arriving after the cut-off for lunch or dinner will receive a boxed lunch with a turkey or ham sandwich, chips, yogurt or pudding, and a beverage.
Q: Will you provide a meal tray to my spouse or support person?
A: No. However, the Bassett ACH Dining Facility is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 to 9:30 and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Additionally, access to a refrigerator and microwave are available on the unit. Additionally, a spouse may order a meal off the inpatient menu for $6.00 per meal and have it delivered to the requested room. To purchase this meal, please coordinate with the diet technician.
Q: Can I have food delivered to me or brought to me by my spouse/significant other?
A: Yes. Food can be brought from outside the facility and then labeled and stored in the shared patient refrigerator. We ask that for delivery, the significant other meets the delivery driver at the door to cut down on the number of people in the hospital.