- Yearly eye exams
- Contact lens prescriptions and fittings (on a case-by-case basis)
- Diabetic eye exams
- Occupational health screenings
- Military screenings (ETS, chapter, training/school physicals, etc.)
- Flight physicals (short and long)
- Glasses repair/reorder/new orders (active duty only)
- MEDPROS screening/updates
- Evaluation for refractive surgery (active duty only)
- Post-op exams for refractive surgery
- Evaluation and treatment of ocular pathology
How to make an appointment:
Q: Where can I order contact lenses?
A: Contact lens exams and prescriptions are offered at Bassett ACH Optometry Clinic on a case by case basis. Contact lenses can be ordered at any off-post facility providing contact lens services. Contact lens materials are not currently a covered TRICARE benefit.
Q: Where can family member beneficiaries order glasses?
A: Unfortunately we are unable to provide this service at Bassett ACH Optometry Clinic. Family members can order their eye ware off-post but it is not currently a covered TRICARE benefit.
Q: Am I able to get a memo to tint by car windows/windshield past the state of Alaska's legal limit.
A: The Bassett ACH Optometry Clinic will not provide a memo or waiver for tinted car windows or windshields. We can examine your eyes to determine the cause of light-sensitivity, address the underlying issue, and direct you to an appropriate pair of quality sunglasses to help you drive safely and comfortably.
Q: Can I use my glasses/contact lens prescription off base?
A: All prescriptions provided in the Bassett ACH Optometry Clinic are valid prescriptions and can be used anywhere to order and purchase glasses or contact lenses up to their expiration date.