Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Everyone reacts to stress and traumatic experiences differently. While some have reactions that can be seen as normal responses to life events, others may experience signs or symptoms of more serious conditions.
Mental health and substance use conditions can affect anyone; you are not alone
. The Military Health System has many resources available to help those who need it.
If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text, 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org
. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
Bassett ACH Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Provided:
Our facility offers the following behavioral health and substance abuse services to active duty service members and their families:
- Individual Outpatient Counseling
- Group Outpatient Counseling
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Medication Evaluation and Management
- Child and Adolescent Family Behavioral Health Services
- Substance Use Disorder Clinical Care
Additional resources available to active duty service members and their family members include:
- Fort Wainwright Army Wellness Center at 907-361-2234
- Military and Family Life Consultants (MFLC) at 907-251-5286 or 907-215-0235
- Chaplain at 907-353-3476
How to Make an Appointment:
Beneficiaries can access behavioral health care via a referral through their primary care provider or by contacting the clinic directly at 907-361-6059 or 907-361-6284.
What TRICARE Covers:
TRICARE covers medically and psychologically necessary mental health and substance use care. This includes both inpatient and outpatient.
Getting Mental Health Care
See a Complete List of Covered Services