Army Wellness Center
The AWC approach to service is holistic. AWC staff members take into account all of an individual's physical, psychological and social circumstances when providing services. A holistic approach is important because a person's health cannot be fully addressed unless we consider the whole person.
- Health assessment review - An analysis of a person's health status, risk for disease, and ability to increase physical activity safely.
- Physical fitness - Using state-of-the-art equipment, physical fitness level is assessed and used to create an individualized exercise prescription.
- Healthy nutrition - Use of metabolic testing that synchronizes an individual's resting metabolic rate to provide tailored strategies for weight loss, gain or maintenance.
- Stress management - Education in biofeedback, stress relief techniques, and positive coping skills.
- General wellness education - Classes on topics such as healthy lifestyles, good sleep habits, increased resiliency, preventing chronic disease through healthy living habits, and self-care.
- Tobacco education - An assessment of an individual's readiness to change with a discussion of possible options for becoming tobacco-free.
How to make an appointment:
Call (907) 361-2234 to schedule an appointment.
Unit Class Request